Ep.021: Dr Richard Agnew – Mount Everest Summiteer
On the Bucket List Life Podcast today is Dr Richard Agnew. Rick is an Adjunct Professor in Risk Management with over 25 years experience, and eight degrees including a doctorate and two masters degrees… but it’s the fact that Rick has summited Mount Everest 2 times that has me standing to attention!! Yes, you read that correctly, I said “two times”. Rick has actually completed the famed 7 Summits (climbing the highest mountains on each of the seven continents) and is one of less than 600 people in the world to do so. I was lucky enough to meet Rick on Mount Everest on my way to Advanced Base Camp. Such a humble guy with some amazing stories!! A must listen.
During this episode we discuss:
– Meeting Rick Agnew in China on the way to Mount Everest.
– What the view is like at the top of Mount Everest.
– Acclimatising to the conditions and lack of oxygen.
– Climb high, sleep low.
– Summit Fever.
– The 7 summits.
– Being a fighter pilot and getting the flying bug.
– Sky surfer.
Key Moments:[5.50] What is it like at the top of Mount Everest?
[10.45] Encountering Rongbuk Glacier.
[17.45] The “Death Zone”.
[21.40] The unfortunate side of this extreme sport.
[28.00] How much does it cost to do Everest?
[33.00] Cutting the rope.
[40.00] The 7 Summits.
[46.45] What’s the ‘game plan’?
[49.20] A gliding pilot.
Mentioned in this podcast:
Did you like what you heard?
If you liked this podcast, leave a review on iTunes! Visit www.thebucketlistguy.com/review to check out the iTunes page. Plus, sharing this episode on your social media will no doubt attract good things into your life!
- The Bucket List Life PodcastApril 27, 2017 by THE HEALTH BLOKE from Australia
Super passionate, inspiring entrepreneur. A must listen to podcast!
- What's importantNovember 22, 2016 by acquija from Australia
Great questions, and a weekly reminder to ask ourselves if we are living the life we want to be living
- Great podcast!June 30, 2015 by philippemelbourne from Australia
I have just listened to the last episode with Jon Yeo, thanks Trav’ for making this knowledge available!
- InspiringOctober 27, 2014 by Bails77 from Australia
Just finished listening to Simon Clark's story...an amazing & inspirational guy & will be purchasing his book soon...keep up the great work Trav Bell lovin your podcasts
- Love what this podcast is all aboutJune 25, 2014 by Max Becks from Australia
This podcast is motivating, inspiring and gets me fired up to create my Bucket List lifestyle. A very energetic podcast to listen to. I'll add it to my weekly podcast schedule. Great work.