On the Bucket List Life Podcast today is Jules Allen. Jules Allen is an award-winning Australian youth advocate and dynamic motivational and inspirational speaker. Jules is guided by the philosophy that “your greatest adversity in life is your biggest gift.” Jules is about to do a TEDx Talk in Melbourne as I am, so we share our feelings going into this huge event. Her talk “Gifts in shitty wrapping paper” creates intrigue and has a powerful message. Jules is also a fellow surfer and is about to embark on a trip with 2 world champions Layne Beachley and Steph Gilmore!!! There’s plenty packed into this short and sharp podcast. I hope you enjoy!!
During this episode we discuss:
– Having mixed feelings about the upcoming TEDx Talk in Melbourne.
– What is resilience and going to “war” with resilience.
– Having the family house burn down on Christmas day in a bushfire.
– Choosing between staying a ‘victim’ or accepting ‘experiences’.
– The experience of fostering kids.
– Gifts in shitty wrapping paper. How to apply this to our day to day life.
– How Jules came to be on the reality TV show Masterchef.
– What message Jules would like people to leave with after hearing her speak.
[4.45] What Jules will be talking about in her TEDx Talk.
[8.00] Acceptance of experience and being at war with resilience.
[10.00] What gives Jules the right to talk about resilience?
[12.30] How to foster a child.
[16.40] What exactly is… Gifts in shitty wrapping paper”.
[19.20] Who Jules classes as a successful person.
[21.40] The TV reality show Masterchef.
[24.10] A normal day in the life of Jules Allen.
[32.00] Surfing with 2 world champion surfers.
Mentioned in this podcast:
Did you like what you heard?
If you liked this podcast, leave a review on iTunes! Visit www.thebucketlistguy.com/review to check out the iTunes page. Plus, sharing this episode on your social media will no doubt attract good things into your life!