On the Bucket List Life Podcast today is Ant Williams. Ant is one the world’s best freedivers. Freediving is basically a competition in the ocean to see how far down a person can go and make it back to the surface in one breath. It is a crazy, crazy sport, and this is what Ant does for fun!! Ant is a former sport psychologist but has now focused his career around coaching people on the topic of leadership. Ant is an accomplished speaker, Ant shares insights on how to change our inbuilt response to fear and anxiety. There is so much to take out of this podcast. It is inspiring, jaw dropping and had me fully engaged throughout. I loved recording this podcast, and I’m sure you’ll enjoy it. Oh and as you’ll hear, Ant can hold his breath for 8 minutes!!!
During this episode we discuss:
– What exactly is freediving?
– What is feels like to hold your breath for 8 minutes.
– Applying resilience, mental toughness and grit.
– Coping with discomfort of freediving.
– The physical impact of freediving.
– The “crush” experienced beyond 50 meters deep in the ocean.
– Extreme athletes are not risk takers.
– Lessons learned from extreme sport that are transferable to the business world.
– Trying to become the deepest man ‘under the ice’ at the North Pole.
Key Moments:[5.00] The trigger that got Ant into freediving.
[6.00] Wanting to test “mental toughness”.
[7.45] How to train for a freediving event.
[10.30] The physical and mental training.
[11.50] Describing the “crush” of freediving.
[14.40] The risk of death.
[17.20] Achievements and world record attempts.
[19.20] Transferring extreme sport lessons into the business world.
[21.00] Ant’s role models and inspiration.
[26.00] What is the ICE DIVER?
Mentioned in this podcast:
The Big Blue
Did you like what you heard?
If you liked this podcast, leave a review on iTunes! Visit www.thebucketlistguy.com/review to check out the iTunes page. Plus, sharing this episode on your social media will no doubt attract good things into your life!